May 23, 2012 by Sarah
Online financial trading requires a high speed, high capacity and low latency connection. Powerful algorithms — “algos”, in industry parlance — execute millions of orders a second and scan dozens of public and private marketplaces simultaneously. They can spot trends before other investors can blink, changing orders and strategies within milliseconds. A five-millisecond delay transmitting an automatic trade can cost a broker up to 1% of its flow = up to $4 million per millisecond.
Sea Fibre Networks has designed a sub-sea telecoms network called CeltixConnect that enables high-frequency traders to transmit millions of orders at lightning speed. CeltixConnect will reinforce and replace existing, aged networks in the Irish Sea as Internet capacity doubles every year. Firms that employ high frequency trading strategies and the high performance networks that serve them, low latency means faster market data and faster order executions. Sea Fibre Networks’ understand that you need to reduce latency across your networks in order to maintain a competitive edge in trading. Sub-sea telecommunications cables transmit 98% of the global Internet traffic. As other sub-sea networks reach end of life you need to make sure you are on the fastest network.
Is your network operator on newly built subsea cable: CeltixConnect? CeltixConnect shaves 100km off the original Ireland – London route. That’s a staggering ½ millisecond! Did you know 85% of latency is based upon length? Check out how Colt expanded their long distance network with CeltixConnect here.
CeltixConnect is the new low latency sub-sea network connecting Ireland to the UK. Make sure your network operator is on it today. Call us today and speak with one of our expert engineers.
+353 (1) 6799623
Category: UncategorizedTags: alogrithim, celtixconnect, dark fibre, financial trading, latency, sea fibre networks, speed | Comments (0)
May 8, 2012 by Sarah
1. Sub-sea fibre optic cables carry over 98% of international voice & data traffic.
2. Dedicated dark fibre is the most secure, scalable and economical backbone infrastructure you can make with an ROI of less than three years.
3. Sea Fibre Networks’ state-of-the-art, dark fibre network is a dedicated sub-sea infrastructure offering IRU and fixed lease price plans.
4. The total cost of ownership of a dark fibre network is far more economical than leasing telecommunications services over the terms of the existing contracts.
5. No other sub-sea network offers dark fibre from Ireland to UK. The CeltixConnect dark fibre network has been constructed within the last 4 months and utilizes the latest in fibre optic cable technology.
6. Dark fibre transmission has more than 1 million times the capacity and speed of satellite transmission.
7. CeltixConnect is the newest, most diverse dark fibre route connecting Ireland to the UK. Sea Fibre Networks clients can offer their customers the most advanced network system linking Ireland – UK, boosting them ahead in the market place.
8. A sub-sea dark fibre cable has the ability to transport an unlimited amount of information. Laser technology limits the capacity of the fibre.
9. Dark fibre delivers the greatest level of flexibility in product design, business models, scalability, and adoption of innovative services.
10. Service Providers: do not lag behind your competitors. Act now to secure the ability to deliver next-generation services to your customers.
Invest in a completely diverse, dedicated dark fibre connection on the Ireland – UK route and future proof your connectivity at a fixed price: Contact us now to design a network infrastructure fit for the future!
This is the subsea cable that we used across the Irish Sea. The photograph is of a sample part of the cable that we prepared to show everyone at our launch!
Category: UncategorizedTags: dark fiber, dark fibre, sea fibre networks, sub-sea | Comments (0)