CeltixConnect: The most diverse route linking Ireland - UK
CeltixConnect extends from East Point Business Park, Dublin, Ireland to Holyhead, Wales, UK. It connects to the T50, Dublin’s major metropolitan network which links to all the key business districts, data centres and business parks. Utilising the Welsh Government's open access network Fibrespeed, CeltixConnect links into its own exchange at Halmer End called the Staffordshire Gateway. This highly strategic gateway facilitates dark fibre connections northwards to Manchester, directly southwards to London or onwards to Europe over multiple third party dark fibre providers through SFN’s Partner Network Programme.
To learn more about the diversity of sub-sea cables in the Irish Sea please click here.
- Shortest cable linking Ireland to the UK (131km) supports lowest latency solutions
- Secure routing, diversity and deep burial for continuity of service
- 28 days of video can pass through each fibre pair or the entirety of Wikipedia in the same second
- 72 fibre pairs (more than double the existing capacity)
- Most modern fibre technology (G652D) to support highest capacity lit services (up to 100gig)
- 2 years of music can pass through each fibre pair per second